The Practice will be migrating to a new computer system on 28th, 29th & 30th November 2018. During this time we will have very little or no access to our computers. In order to assist both our patients and staff, please be aware of the following procedures during the migration period:
GP CONSULTING TIMES
- Wednesday 28th November 2018 (Migration starts From 2pm) – There will be an emergency surgery running in the afternoon between the consulting time of 4pm – 5.30pm. Morning surgery on this day will run as normal between 8:30am and 10:00am. We expect to be very busy on this morning and advise patients they may have to wait slightly longer to see the GP.
- Thursday 29th November 2018 – There will be an emergency surgery running in the morning between the consulting time of 8:30am and 10:00am. There is no GP consulting on a Thursday afternoon.
- Friday 30th November 2018 – Morning Surgery (8:30am – 10:00am) and Afternoon Surgery (4pm – 5:30pm) will both run as an emergency surgery.
We kindly ask patients who have an emergency and need to consult with the Doctor during the above periods where there is an emergency surgery running, if possible, please telephone the surgery in the first instance on 0131 229 6314, during the GP emergency consulting times above. Emergency surgery telephone calls will be answered by reception staff who will pass your details and the nature of your call through to the Doctor for a call back. If the Doctor needs to see a patient, they will be asked to come to the surgery.
If you are not calling the surgery to consult with the Doctor, but for another reason, please try to avoid calling during the emergency surgery times above.
**Please, If it is not an emergency and can wait, normal consulting with the GP will re-commence on Monday 03 December 2018.
- During the migration period there will be no on-line prescription ordering facility (Wednesday 28th, Thursday 29th& Friday 30th November 2018) as we will be unable to access them. If you wish to order your prescription on-line, you can submit your request on the Monday (26thNovember) of the migration week, or wait till the following week. Please try not to submit your request on the Tuesday, as we cannot guarantee we will receive it in time before our computer downtime.
- If you need to collect your prescription from the surgery or hand in your prescription request slip during our migration period, you can still come to the surgery as normal to do this.
- If you know you are going to run out of your medication during the migration period, please make sure to order earlier than normal. This will greatly assist us in dealing with prescription requests over the migration period when we have no computer access.
- Does your pharmacy normally do your prescription ordering for you? We will notify the pharmacies who regularly order prescriptions about the migration, this will allow them to order early if necessary.
- If you are on a CMS prescription, you still collect your medication from the pharmacy as usual.
- You can order your repeat medication over the telephone between 1 – 3:30pm as usual up to the Tuesday (27th November) of the migration week. After Tuesday 27th November, Please do not telephone to order your repeat medication until the following week, when the migration will be complete and our new computer system will be live. You can still post in your repeat medication request slips, or hand them into the surgery yourself, or someone else can do this on your behalf.
PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS A MINIMUM TIME OF 48 HOURS BETWEEN ORDERING YOUR REPEAT MEDICATION AND COLLECTING YOUR PRESCRIPTION FROM THE SURGERY
- During the Migration period (Wednesday 28th, Thursday 29th & Friday 30th November 2018), we will have no computer access or very limited access to test results.
- Urgent tests only will be carried out during the week of migration.
- Patients can still Telephone for test results but only between 1:00pm and 3:30pm, which is the normal time to call for your test results.
- There will be a nurse clinic running on Tuesday 27th November from 8:30am till 3:30pm.
- There will be no nurse clinic running on Thursday 29th November 2018.
- We may have a nurse clinic running on Monday 26th November or Wednesday Morning 28th November 2018, patients can check this with reception.
In adopting the above procedures, our aim is to minimise any disruption to the running of the Practice during the days of migration. If you have any questions regarding the above procedures, please speak to our reception staff.
Dr Raczkowski and staff would like to thank all patients for their assistance and understanding during the Practice Computer Migration.